Welcoming Ben Hayman to Assurity… and back to NZ

Welcoming Ben Hayman to Assurity… and back to NZ

News

13 November 2014 • Written by

Ben Hayman – a leading figure in the government adoption of Agile in the UK – has joined Assurity this week as Transformation Lead.

Not only is Ben joining Assurity’s leadership team in Wellington, but his appointment also marks his return to New Zealand after nearly 25 years in Europe and the USA as a transformation consultant to the public and private sector. He also founded his own tech and digital ventures.

As the GOV.UK Partnerships Lead for the UK Government Digital Service, Ben worked with digital services and suppliers to extend the GOV.UK platform and complete the transformation of over 300 agencies into a single domain.

He’s known for using Agile methods, open standards, open source, open thinking and lots of energy to launch great digital services in amazingly short timescales.

As our Transformation Lead, Ben will lead the delivery of transformation and digital strategy projects with our government clients, helping to further position Assurity at the forefront of digital service transformation in NZ.

“Returning to Wellington after 25 years is a big thing for me personally and professionally. I'm really looking forward to bringing my experience of digital transformation in the UK back home to New Zealand. As we have seen in the UK, there's a lot that can be done to improve the way that government services get devised and operated.

“It's also great to be joining Assurity at a time that they are supporting both government and private sector clients to get the most from their digital innovation”.

Appointment to Inland Revenue ICT Reference Group

Ben is one of seven people appointed to Inland Revenue's new Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Reference Group – an independent voice and sounding board for their Business Transformation programme.

Group members were selected for their extensive ICT and business expertise and experience, strategic insight and ability to bring a sector-wide perspective on infrastructure and technology issues.

Search the Assurity website (Hit ESC to cancel)