In the Digital Age, organisations need to ensure they remain relevant to their customers, respond quickly to competitors and innovate fast to find new markets. Delivering quality technology at pace will determine who succeeds in this new environment. We help our clients achieve this by employing amazing talent who can apply the best digital thinking, education, practices and technologies across the project lifecycle.
Our talented professionals work across various areas of Digital Delivery, including Design Thinking, Lean Analysis, Agile, Quality Assurance and DevOps. We have an opportunity for a DevOps Consultant to join our team and help us maintain our leading position in this fast-growing and exciting IT sector.
We’re looking for a skilled software professional to work with a range of our clients, helping them to improve their software delivery and operations culture and practices. We want someone who is passionate about their trade, with the ability to convey a strong message around DevOps and its merits in producing better quality outcomes.
What we need:
- Senior level skills in IT operations and/or software development - ideally both, but experience in one area with a drive to acquire the other could also see you through.
- You live and breath best coding practices - we're all about clean scaleable code and anything less won't make the cut.
- Expert knowledge in your chosen platform, but equally ready to apply yourself to different platforms, frameworks and tools.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure automation, platform provisioning, and the like. Ideally you would have written your own scripts against one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or something like Cloud Foundry)
- Practical hands-on experience designing and implementing automated delivery solutions across the SDLC (i.e. build automation, test automation, deployment automation and infrastructure automation)
- Deep understanding of the principles, benefits and pitfalls in implementing automated delivery pipelines (e.g. continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, automated provisioning, configuration management, secrets management and release management)
- Experience with introducing or implementing organisational change, and/or strong familiarity with Agile and Lean Systems Thinking would also be a great plus
- Familiarity with source code management tools, platforms, concepts and best practices (Git, code reviews, pull requests, gated commits, branching strategies and semantic versioning)
- Experience implementing logging, monitoring, tracking and incident management solutions would be useful
- Experience with Specification by Example / BDD, and improving development practices through micro-testing/TDD would be beneficial
- Sometime you may need to deliver training to our internal teams or on client site on topics you feel comfortable sharing your knowledge about.
We're avid users of a variety of tools and maintain several partnerships . Some of the things our team loves to chat about include Chef, CloudBees Jenkins, Pivotal CloudFoundry, Terraform, Vault, Kubernetes..."
What’s in it for you?
Your benefits include health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, social and wellness initiatives throughout the year – including ice cream on hot days, home baking, a netball team and regular Friday drinks.
We believe in teamwork, collaboration and knowledge sharing as our fundamental ways of working around here. Check us out on Instagram @assuritynz
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Connect with our Senior Recruiter, Hannah Mundell on LinkedIn, or click that nice big button to apply!