In the Digital Age, organisations need to ensure they remain relevant to their customers, respond quickly to competitors and innovate fast to find new markets. Delivering quality technology at pace will determine who succeeds in this new environment.
We're looking for experienced Senior Automation Test Engineers with knowledge of enterprise and open source tools, technologies and disciplines. In order to deliver great outcomes for our clients, you will think about continuous testing and accelerate delivery but with the business at the centre of everything you do. Ideally the successful applicant will have experience working within a consultancy or have what it takes to make an excellent consultant.
You'll be comfortable engaging with clients, have excellent communication skills and be confident in challenging the status quo to achieve better software delivery outcomes. We particularly value the ability and drive to learn and develop and share new skills.
What we're looking for:
- Someone with a passion for code quality, excellent naming conventions and working to best practice!
- Proven experience working as an Automation Test Engineer with Selenium / Java
- Proven experience with API testing or Object Oriented programming
- A creative, critical thinker with proven test analysis skills
- Experience in using techniques such as visual models, BDD, specification by example(SBE), continuous integration and applying lean thinking is desirable
- Thrives on talking to both technical and business stakeholders to better understand and agree requirements
- Confident in working across varying software methodologies and working to aggressive timelines
- Ability to work in an environment where you can influence and direct change using tools and technology as your enabler
- Experience working across varied industries and technologies
- Come armed with an extensive test toolkit that you are willing to share
As we’ve grown, we’ve taken care to remember that as an independent, NZ-owned business we can do things differently to a large global employer. Our people have the energy, passion and enthusiasm to deliver better outcomes for our clients. They also have a desire to be ‘better at better’ themselves and at Assurity we give you every opportunity to do just that. We empower our people to think, challenge the status quo, and lead. By thinking and acting together, our team has created a unique culture and a set of values which underpin everything we do. We like to think it’s family here.
What’s in it for you?
Your benefits include health, life and income protection insurance, the ability to purchase extra annual leave, social and wellness initiatives throughout the year – including ice cream on hot days, home baking, a netball team and regular Friday drinks.
We believe in teamwork, collaboration and knowledge sharing as our fundamental ways of working around here. Check us out on Instagram @assuritynz
We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat. Connect with our Senior Recruiter, Hannah Mundell on LinkedIn, or click that nice big button to apply!