Testing Jumpstart is a crash course in testing designed to ensure that you don’t crash and burn when you start testing for real. An engaging and hands-on one-day experience, this course doesn’t just talk about testing. You’ll actually be doing it.
This course equips the novice tester with a diverse range of practical skills so they can immediately and responsibly start delivering value. Starting with consideration of the fundamental role of testing, the course then introduces both scripted and exploratory styles of testing, enabling even the greenest tester to determine how best to apply their testing skills.
Followed by an in-depth exploration of a broad spectrum of test design techniques and a thorough grounding in the application of oracles to identify bugs, it covers the complete test process.
While mastering testing skills will require both time and practice, this workshop will allow you to:
- Understand common views and opinions about the role of testing in an organisation
- Analyse a product across a multitude of criteria using the Heuristic Test Strategy Model
- Explain the difference between exploratory and scripted testing and the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Gain familiarity with writing and executing traditional style test cases
- Experience how exploratory testing can be structured and performed
- Create a range of visual testing models such as state transition diagrams and product coverage outlines
- Apply a broad range of test design techniques, including heuristics and Hendrickson variables to develop diverse and powerful test
- Identify and account for cognitive biases in the way they perform their testing
- Consciously recognise, apply and justify the oracles they use to identify bugs
Print/Share Course Description
Students must bring a laptop/tablet to the course. Some laptops maybe available on request. Please contact email@example.com to check availability prior to course date.