Immerse yourself in a two-day, hands-on design thinking experience where you'll learn the elements of user-centric and prototype-driven design thinking process from a practising field expert. Techniques will be put into practice right away, interviewing and observing customers in the field to understand what motivates them. Then, take those learnings to ideate and prototype to develop innovative solutions.
At the end of this course, attendees will understand:
- The fundamentals of the design thinking process
- How to approach complex challenges and embrace ambiguity
- How to improve your interview and observation techniques to understand customer motivations better
- How to interpret and reframe problems based on the emotional needs of customers
- How to develop a just-try-it attitude through rapid prototyping and iteration
- How to embrace diversity of opinion
You will learn how to implement design thinking processes and tools to drive innovation while being coached by a practising field expert. This ‘learning by doing’ style of instruction demands your open mind and active participation.
We will apply experiential activities to understand the role of people in the success of design thinking. Using the tools to synthesise the customer insights through storytelling to create sustainable solutions. Using the concepts of testing, refining and rapid prototyping to understand if end-users will be delighted by the product or service.
No prerequisites required.