We will cover the following:
- Levels of planning: What is just enough?
- Definition of Ready: When are user stories high enough quality for work to begin?
- Definition of Done: What is the common quality standard all work needs to meet to be complete?
- What actually happens in a great planning meeting?
- Refinement of a backlog
- Common patterns for splitting user stories
- Estimation methods, including affinity estimation and planning poker
- Planning metrics: velocity, burndown and cycle time
- A practice planning and estimation exercise
By the end of this session, you’ll have a much more complete idea of what great planning and estimation really looks like and have the confidence to help your team develop higher quality plans.