Assurity improves software outcomes for New Zealand's largest organisations. Our clients are delivering software of higher quality, at greater speed, with less cost and with happier, more engaged teams. It makes them more productive and more competitive. Nothing matters more to them, to their customers or to our nation.
We've built a reputation for delivering these outcomes by understanding the best of what's happening out there, challenging the status quo and leading clients confidently into change that works for them. It's tough work and it takes amazing people to do it, but making a difference is a fantastic reward.
We're now looking for a Senior Automation Test Engineer in Auckland who can make that difference and join our talented team.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Automation Test Engineer with knowledge of enterprise and open source tools, technologies and disciplines. In order to deliver great outcomes for our clients, you will think about continuous testing and accelerate delivery but with the business at the centre of everything you do. Ideally the successful applicant will have experience working within a consultancy or have what it takes to make an excellent consultant.
You'll be comfortable engaging with clients, have excellent communication skills and be confident in challenging the status quo to achieve better software delivery outcomes. We particularly value the ability and drive to learn and develop and share new skills.
What we're looking for:
- Proven experience working as an Automation Test Engineer
- A working knowledge of IT system architecture and design
- Confident taking a proof of concept through to a deliverable outcome
- An excellent communicator with a passion for all things technical testing and technology
- Experience scripting in one or more of the following: C#, Java, Groovy, Perl or Ruby
- A creative, critical thinker with proven test analysis skills
- Experience in using techniques such as visual models, BDD, specification by example(SBE), continuous integration and applying lean thinking is desirable
- Thrives on talking to both technical and business stakeholders to better understand and agree requirements
- Confident in working across varying software methodologies and working to aggressive timelines
- Ability to work in an environment where you can influence and direct change using tools and technology as your enabler
- Experience working across varied industries and technologies
- Come armed with an extensive test toolkit that you are willing to share
You will have the energy, passion and enthusiasm to deliver better outcomes for our clients. You'll also have a desire to be 'better at better' yourself. At Assurity we give you every opportunity to do just that.
As we've grown, we've taken care to remember that as an independent, NZ-owned business we can do things differently to a large global employer. We empower our people to think, challenge the status quo, and lead. By thinking and acting together, our team has created a unique culture and a set of values which underpin everything we do. We like to think it's family here. We take care of each other because we're in it together.
We're a company of people with a shared vision; to put New Zealand Software Assurance on the global map and showcase our unique skills and ideas. This is an opportunity which doesn't come up very often, by applying, you'll have a chance to join our family and share in this incredible journey with us.