In the Digital Age, organisations need to ensure they remain relevant to their customers, respond quickly to competitors and innovate fast to find new markets. Delivering quality technology at pace will determine who succeeds in this new environment.
As the People Development Manager, you will have overall accountability for the experience our people have in the Wellington branch. This will include leading a small team of People Leads, coaching and guiding them around people practices to support and encourage the development and growth of our people. As a professional services organisation, our staff engagement is pivotal to our ongoing success and to delivering quality outcomes to our clients. As such, the People Development Manager role sits in our Wellington branch leadership team, having direct input into the branch's overarching strategy.
We're looking for someone with the following skills and attributes:
- A genuine focus on people. We have a number of core values that define our 'how' with our overarching value of 'care' taking priority
- A good grasp of people and HR frameworks and how these can be effectively implemented to achieve great results and delight our staff
- A good listener and facilitator so that you can act as a sounding board for our staff and develop their trust and respect by achieving great outcomes
- A coaching mindset and experience in leading and developing people, to help them reach their full potential.
- Someone who isn't afraid of difficult conversations and who can ensure feedback to their people is regular, fact based and fair
- Proactive and capable of leading and owning a piece of work
- Collaborative and with strong interpersonal skills
- A strategic thinker, who is always looking at what is 'next' on the horizon and how we can adapt and improve
- An understanding of IT professional services and with experience in developing the soft consulting skills in others
Develop your career
You'll have the energy, passion and enthusiasm to deliver quality outcomes confidently and at speed. You'll also have a desire to constantly improve yourself. At Assurity, you will have opportunities to learn and grow that will do just that.
Be part of our outstanding culture
As a growing, independent, NZ-owned business, we empower our people to think, challenge and lead. By thinking and acting together, our team has created a unique culture and set of values which underpin all we do. We're like family; we take care of each other because we're in it together.
A rare opportunity
We have an outstanding reputation for helping clients meet the challenges of the Digital Age. If you'd like to be part of a fast-growing, super-talented team that's focused on making a difference to how clients deliver technology, this could be your opportunity.