In the Digital Age, organisations need to ensure they remain relevant to their customers, respond quickly to competitors and innovate fast to find new markets. Delivering quality technology at pace will determine who succeeds in this new environment. We help our clients achieve this by employing amazing talent who can apply the best digital thinking, education, practices and technologies across the project lifecycle.
Our talented professionals work across various areas of Digital Delivery, including Design Thinking, Lean Analysis, Agile, Quality Assurance and DevOps. We have an opportunity for a DevOps Consultant to join our team and help us maintain our leading position in this fast-growing and exciting IT sector.
We’re looking for a skilled software professional to work with a range of our clients, helping them to improve their software delivery and operations culture and practices. We want someone who is passionate about their trade, with the ability to convey a strong message around DevOps and its merits in producing better quality outcomes.
What we need:
- Intermediate to senior level skills in IT operations and/or software development - ideally both, but experience in one area with a drive to acquire the other could also see you through.
- Expert knowledge in your chosen platform, but equally ready to apply yourself to different platforms, frameworks and tools.
- Practical hands-on experience designing and implementing automated delivery solutions across the SDLC (i.e. build automation, test automation, deployment automation and infrastructure automation)
- Deep understanding of the principles, benefits and pitfalls in implementing automated delivery pipelines (e.g. continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous delivery, automated provisioning, configuration management, secrets management and release management)
- Experience with introducing or implementing organisational change, and/or strong familiarity with Agile and Lean Systems Thinking would also be a great plus
- Familiarity with source code management tools, platforms, concepts and best practices (Git, code reviews, pull requests, gated commits, branching strategies and semantic versioning)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure automation, platform provisioning, and the like. Ideally you would have written your own scripts against one or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or something like Cloud Foundry)
- Experience implementing logging, monitoring, tracking and incident management solutions would be useful
- Experience with Specification by Example / BDD, and improving development practices through micro-testing/TDD would be beneficial
Be part of our outstanding culture
As a growing, independent, NZ-owned business, we empower our people to think, challenge and lead. By thinking and acting together, our team has created a unique culture and set of values which underpin all we do. We're like family; we take care of each other because we're in it together.